Request For Proposal Page
INVITATION FOR BID: VENDED MEALS
NEW DESIGNS CHARTER SCHOOLS
This Invitation for Bid establishes the conditions to be met by agencies interested in providing vended meals to NEW DESIGNS CHARTER SCHOOL hereinafter referred to as the AGENCY. Subject to the conditions prescribed, sealed bids are invited for the purpose of providing breakfasts, lunches, and/or snacks, hereinafter referred to as MEALS, that meet the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), School Breakfast Program (SBP), and Meal Supplements in the National School Lunch Program meal pattern requirements. MEALS are required for the following schools:
NEW DESIGNS CHARTER SCHOOL – UNIVERSITY PARK
2303 FIGUEROA WAY, LOS ANGELES CA 90007
NEW DESIGNS CHARTER SCHOOL – WATTS
12714 S. AVALON BLVD, LOS ANGELES CA 90061
NEW DESIGNS CHARTER SCHOOL ADAMS CAMPUS
1342 WEST ADAMS BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90007
Bidders may request copies of the IFB by contacting SAMUEL KYEREMATEN by any of the following methods:
- Address: 1342 W. Adams Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90007
- Phone: (323) 730-0330 EXT 103
- Fax : (323) 731-1228
- Email: email@example.com
SCOPE OF WORK: The Vendor will supply MEALS to the AGENCY that comply with the nutrition standards established by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the ENHANCED FOOD BASED MENU PLANNING which is further described in Attachment A to this IFB. The vendor will prepare MEALS at a site that maintains the appropriate state and local health certifications for the facility and will package and deliver these MEALS in accordance with the food safety guidelines of the appropriate governing health departments. Vendors must submit with their bid, a copy of the current state and local health certifications. The AGENCY will not pay for meals that are spoiled or unwholesome at time of delivery.
- VENDOR will provide the necessary utensils and napkins in sufficient quantity for the number of MEALS ordered.
- VENDOR shall deliver meals to location(s) at times specified by AGENCY.
- VENDOR shall be responsible for the condition or care of MEALS until they are delivered to the school.
- VENDOR shall provide to AGENCY no later than one (1) week prior to the end of each month, a monthly menu covering the meals to be served for the following month.
- When requested by the AGENCY, the VENDOR shall provide AGENCY with sack lunches for field trips. All meals for field trips must meet the appropriate meal pattern requirements.
- VENDOR (THIS MAY BE ASSIGNED TO THE AGENCY) shall be responsible for maintaining the proper temperature of the lunch components until they are consumed.
- VENDOR shall maintain all necessary records on the nutritional components and quantities of the MEALS served at the AGENCY and make said records available for inspection by State and Federal authorities upon request
- VENDOR shall maintain all necessary records pertaining to the receipt and use of USDA donated foods provided to the VENDOR by the AGENCY.
- VENDOR shall assume all liability for proper use and protection of commodities and materials necessary to prepare the meals while they are stored at the preparation site.
- AGENCY shall notify VENDOR of the number of MEALS needed each week by the end of business Friday of the preceding week. AGENCY shall be obligated to pay for the number of MEALS requested even if not served or consumed.
- The AGENCY shall notify the VENDOR of the number of sack lunches needed by the end of business Friday of the week preceding the day that sack lunches will be required.
- The AGENCY shall not pay for meals that are spoiled or unwholesome at time of delivery.
The vendor’s food service program must also meet the following criteria:
- NSLP/SBP compliant MEALS (all MEALS must be eligible for state and federal reimbursement)
- NSLP/SBP menu recordkeeping and planning necessary to receive reimbursements
- All bids must indicate if milk will be provided with each MEAL and what type(s).
- All fresh foods: no processed, fried, re-heated or packaged product MEALS.
- Organic ingredients used whenever possible - min. threshold of 50%.
- Hormone and antibiotic-free meats and dairy products.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable with every MEAL.
All bids must include:
- a per- MEAL cost for lunch
- a per- MEAL cost for breakfast
- a 21-day cycle menu for each meal as an example of expected offerings. Offerings must be compliant with state and federal portion sizes and nutritional values
- Certificate of Independent Price Determination
- A copy of the vendors current health permit for the facility at which meals will be prepared and food items stored.
All bids of $100,000 or more must include the following certifications from potential vendors:
- Certification Regarding Lobbying
- Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, and Ineligibility
SPECIFICATIONS AND EVALUATION FACTORS
The bidder must have the following minimum qualifications
- At least 5 year experience with food service program
- Must have the resources and abilities to provide at least 13,500 meals a week
- Bidder must have the knowledge and experience with School Breakfast and National School lunch programs
- Must have at least 2 professional references to attest to bidder’s professional ability to perform the required services
- The bidder is licensed to do business in California
- The bidder has the capacity and capability to provide meals at least 5 days a week.
- Bidder has acceptable industry food handling and quality control procedures
Evaluation Factors for the bids shall include the following:
- Price (Primary Factor)
- Completeness and depth of bid submitted
- Menu which meets the nutritional standards as set by the school district
- Availability of commercial kitchen facilities
- Health Department certification of kitchen facilities
- Qualified food personnel with ample School feeding industry experience.
- Health consciousness as evidenced in bidder’s food handling procedures.
- School feeding industry experience
- Food transportation utensils and amenities
- Means of transportation
- The bids includes a Buy America component or justification for exception.
- Liability and other related Insurance policies
- Satisfactory background check
- Food handling and quality control procedures and practices
OVERLY RESPONSIVE BIDS
In accordance with regulations governing the school feeding program, bidders must note that all and any overly responsive bids or portions of a bid will be removed or eliminated from the bids received or the evaluation process. All bids must, therefore, be realistic!
INCLUSION OF TERMINATION CLAUSE IN WINNING CONTRACT
Bidders must note that in line with federal regulations, contract for the winning bid will include termination for cause or for convenience clause which will and could be exercised where and when possible under the terms of the contract and applicable state and federal laws.
BUY AMERICA PREFERENCE AND PROVISION
The BUY AMERICAN PROVISION safeguards the health and well being of the school children and supports the U.S. economy, American farmers, and small and local agricultural businesses
In accordance to federal regulations, preference will be given to bidders who opt to buy American products in support of domestic agriculture. Bidders must therefore among other things attest that their final food products will be either 100% domestic and or geographical commodities or their food products will contain at least 51% domestic food component by weight and volume. The exception to the Buy America provisions also applies. Where applicable bidders must document why they must opt for an exemption to the buy America provision.
Bids will be received only at NEW DESIGNS CHARTER SCHOOL, 1342 W. Adams Blvd LOS ANGELES CA 90007 No bids will be received after 3:00 PM on Monday, July 24, 2019. All bids will be publicly opened and announced at the NEW DESIGNS CHARTER SCHOOL 1342 W. Adams Blvd LOS ANGELES CA 90007 ON July 24, 2019, AT 3:30 PM.
AGENCY reserves the right to waive any informalities or to reject any or all bids.
No submitted bid may be withdrawn by a bidder within thirty (25) days after the bid opening unless AGENCY consents to a withdrawal of the bid during such period.